So, I just read this article about a New Jersey man intentionally vomiting on another fan and his 11-year-old daughter during a Phillies baseball game back in April! I guess this guy and his friend were spilling beer, cursing, and heckling an off-duty police captain and his daughter. This guys friend was spitting and the police captains daughter got hit by some of it and the friend got ejected. Then, this guy stuck his finger down his throat and vomited on this guy and his daughter and then starting punching the police captain in the back of his head. The other fans in the crowd subdued the guy at that point. The guy ended up pleaded guilty to simple assault, disorderly conduct, and harassment. Because he pleaded guilty, charges for reckless endangerment and corruption of minors were dropped. The guy's family said that he's never had any run-ins with the law or been in any kind of trouble before. The offered up the fact that he just turned 21 in March and alcohol consumption as a possible explanation.
I cannot believe that people can be so disgusting at a baseball game, for no reason! I'm glad the guy got taken to court for this. Alcohol consumption or not, behavior like this is just unnecessary. The article didn't say what his sentence was but I think he definitely should be punished for something like this. Intentionally vomiting on somewhat is so disgusting. I can't get over that! It's people like this that make baseball games a lot less fun. I've been to quite a few baseball games, and they're always a lot of fun. But people who act like this kind of ruin it for the rest of us, especially if there's children around. People like this just tick me off!
~Chelsea
I can think of so many instances like this one. Situations in which some dummy decides to drink too much in public and get angry during a sporting event are not uncommon. Do you think that beverage vendors should share some of the responsiblity? Afterall, if a man were to be served too many drinks at a bar, the bartender would technically be at fault to some degree. The pursuit of profit or the carelessness of the alcohol salesperson has great relevance with regard to the exacerbated circumstance we see here. This fella obviously drank too much. Had the vendor taken care and noticed this, this situation may not have occured. Displays of vendor responsiblity could prevent all sorts of similar instances.
ReplyDeleteThis article is pretty hilarious, but, yes very gross. It is part of a baseball game to have at least one unruley fan and sometimes i think thats what makes the whole experience haha. Im glad he was ejected from the game and charged with a few things cause you are right...that is just not a right thing to do, especially with the little girl there. That part made me pretty angry, i dont care how drunk you are, you dont puke on a guy and his little girl.
ReplyDelete