Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I can write about whatever I want? Cool! ROCKAPALOOZA!!!!

This past weekend I attended Rockapalooza at the Jackson County Fairgrounds. It was one of the best days I've had in a while. There were over 52 bands and they all rocked! They day was full of non-stop music and cool people. The crowds were't overwhelming and the local bands were all really friendly. They had tents set up to sell their merchandise and meet their fans.

A band from New York called As Summer Dies was there. I saw them a couple times last summer when they were in Michigan so of course I had to go see them again! It was nice to hang out with them, watch them perform, and catch up with them! The lead singer, Adam, kept having problems with their microphone during their set and you could tell he was getting frustrated. We talked to them after the show and he just kind of laughed it off.
They got a new drummer from the last time I saw them so I got to meet him at this show. He was really cool. He was friendly and kept talking to me. I even got a picture with him. I love all five of the people in the band, but the drummer, Mike, is definitely my new favorite.

Sevendust was the headliner and did an amazing job, as always. This was my third time seeing them. I even got to meet them before the show. The first 40 people in line at noon got to go in early and meet Sevendust and Otep. I got their autographs and everything. I met Sevendust once before but that was a few years ago. It was nice to meet them all again! Those guys are so friendly in person. Just wish I could have gotten a picture with them but no pictures were allowed.

Even though I got a little sun burnt and I'm still a little sore, I had an amazing day!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun! I was wondering what was going on this weekend when I got out of work, I heard the bands playing. Anyway glad you had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice that you enjoyed yourself. Music festivals can be an altering experience, changing a lame summer into a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had fun! It's nice to have events close to home too!
    From what I hear the people who live around the fair grounds had a hard time with the loud music. Hopefully a solution to this problem can be found as things like this are good for the town.

    ReplyDelete