Think of it this way: If your mother, father, son, daughter, brother, sister, boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, or any other family member or close friend was murdered, would you not want redemption? Revenge?
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Social Issue
One social issue that I've always had a strong opinion about is the death penalty. I am completely for capital punishment. I feel that if somebody murders an innocent human being, they should be put to death. I know this is a controversial topic but I feel very strongly in the way that I do. A lot of people think it's wrong to kill someone as punishment for killing. However, it only seems fair that the punishment matches the crime. Also, if you want to take the religious side of it, the Bible even says "an eye for an eye" and "a life for a life" (I can't remember exactly where but you can easily look it up). So, if you want to say it goes against Christianity, the Bible can be interpreted as saying that those who kill should be killed. Another argument people make is that innocent people can be killed, but that is another problem entirely. That is a problem with the court system and the way the cases are handled in court. That is a problem with the process of convicting a suspect. That has nothing to do with whether murderers should be killed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally agree with this. If a family member of mine was ever murdered you better believe that I would do everything in my power to make sure that the person responsible for there death would not live for long.
ReplyDeleteI'm a Christian and I believe in forgiveness. God had forgave us all our sins. If we want forgiveness from our creator; and want to be Christ like (It is not why we call ourselves Christians) we should pray for our enemies and love them too. God wrote the ten commandments with his very own finger. You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I'm the Lord. Leviticus 19:18 (our neighbor is everybody) You shall not murder. Exodus 2:13 What good it does to kill a murderer, does the person that had been killed will came back to life? Will that action make you a better or happier person? God himself said "If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he is thirsty give him water to drink for so you will heaps coals of fire on his head, and the Lord will reward you. Proverbs 25:21-22 If somebody will hurt or murder a love one, I'm not to lower myself to their condition for I will be judge by God for the wrongs things I think, do or say. I hope you can get to know Jesus, you will be a happier person. I know!
ReplyDelete